Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Travelling by Jet Airways - A Bad Experience for Many?

I travel quite often to Hyderabad on my official visits. I prefer to take the Jet Airways early morning 0625 hours flight as I like to start my work early in Office. Today again I travelled by Jet Airways. The crew was quite polite on the flight. But I have a problem most of the time with their ground staff specially the people in the lounge and the food served in the flight. In the lounge, which is a facility only for the JP members, the service is really bad. The stewards manning the counter do not acknowlegde your presence nor do they feel it appropriate to serve you even a glass of water without you running after them. I think Jet Management really needs to do some mystery visits to the lounges and check for themselves the service provided to its most frequent fliers.

In todays flight, the quality of the breakfast was not upto the mark. To add to it, there were some foreign objects in the breakfast. The flight steward was really polite and apologised for the same, but the damage has been done. He offered me another platter of breakfast, but I had lost the faith in the quality of food served. Than Steward got me some cakes and cookies without even bothering to check that I am a vegetarian and might not take products containing eggs. Here again Jet management team needs to put some soft training in place so that they do not end up agonising the same customer again and again.

I really hope that the Jet Airways management checks on the quality of service been provided else it will definately loss out its frequent fliers to other Airlines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Alankar

Read your review on the poor level of service experienced by you on our airline. I work in the frequent flyer department and though I may not be in a position to assist you directly I would like to certainly share your experience with our customer services team. I am sure we will be in a position to win back your confidence in our services. Since I do not have your email id may I request you to give us a comprehensive feedback on your less than satisfactory experience on Jet Airways.

Look forward to your revert.

Kaushal Satam
Jet Privilege

Niraj Dawar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i have been using the lounge frequently, however never faced such issues. however off late, i am also facing issues with the JP service center.

as a gold member, i have mailed them to help me with a booking for an international ticket a week back, that too with points, however, i have still not heard from them at all. i dont think they have still realised that vistara is now strong competition looking to dislodge them from their leadership position.

i hope i had the email id of mr kaushal satam, i would have written to him directly. in case he is reading this, he can track my correspondence with his department. reference number 6083822 and 6126444

Regards,
Nakul